Common eating disorder warning signs can include…..
- Preoccupation with body or weight
- Obsession with calories, food, or nutrition
- Constant dieting, even when thin
- Rapid, unexplained weight loss or weight gain
- Taking laxatives or diet pills
- Compulsive exercising
- Making excuses to get out of eating
- Avoiding social situations that involve food
- Going to the bathroom right after meals
- Eating alone, at night, or in secret
One parent said
‘You can feel very isolated when your child is going through something like this. At the support group it is a great relief to be able to talk to other parents who know exactly what you’re feeling and can give you support and hope for the future’.